Bios Mods -The Best BIOS Update and Modification Source

Full Version: [REQUEST] Lenovo Y50-70 (9ECNxxWW) Whitelist Removal
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(02-28-2017, 08:27 AM)Germanmen21 Wrote: [ -> ]Hey 
here they are :[url=https://www.sendspace.com/filegroup/OChjCBGGvDRZbKrrW%2B4VYQ][/url]
Hi
Your mod completed, read PM
Hi,
Recently annoyed by the poor performance of the WiFi adapter of my Lenovo Y50-70 (20378), I decided to buy a new one (Intel AC 7265 NO VPRO).
I was surprised to discover the whitelist system of Lenovo and now I am stucked either with a poor connection or no connection at all.
Reading all this topics, I am quite confused on how to get rid off this whitelist.
As far as I know, I need to use BACKUP_Tools12.exe to get a result archive and then upload it.
Here is the file: https://www.sendspace.com/file/rorrky
Can you help me (or someone else of course) with that ?

Do not hesitate to tell me if I am wrong and if I must do something else !
Thanks a lot !
Best Regards
(03-02-2017, 10:23 AM)Jules_dup Wrote: [ -> ]Hi,
Recently annoyed by the poor performance of the WiFi adapter of my Lenovo Y50-70 (20378), I decided to buy a new one (Intel AC 7265 NO VPRO).
Hi
Your mod completed
Read PM
Hi Bios Mods!  Big Grin

New to the forums, and I would love to have the latest BIOS for my Lenovo Y50-70 WiFi whitelist removed, and advanced menu unlocked.

Manufacturer: Lenovo
Model: Y50-70
Bios revision: 9ECN43WW (V3.03)
Bios Type: UEFI
Official BIOS download link - http://pcsupport.lenovo.com/us/en/products/Laptops-and-netbooks/Lenovo-Y-Series-laptops/Y50-70-Notebook-Lenovo/downloads/DS100998

I would like to have my wifi card upgraded from the stock Qualcomm Atheros AR956x to an Intel 7260AC.

This is my BIOS created using the Universal BIOS Backup ToolKit 2.0: http://rgho.st/private/6QXZWStQj/0099496...faca14150d

In addition, it would be very much appreciated if anyone could guide me through the process of applying the modified BIOS to my machine thereafter. From what I understand, I would have to downgrade my BIOS to v1.13 before applying the mod. Is that true?

Thanks so much! Smile
(03-02-2017, 06:01 PM)RedScarlet Wrote: [ -> ]Hi Bios Mods!  Big Grin

New to the forums, and I would love to have the latest BIOS for my Lenovo Y50-70 WiFi whitelist removed, and advanced menu unlocked.

Thanks so much! Smile
Hi
(03-02-2017, 06:26 PM)Dudu2002 Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-02-2017, 06:01 PM)RedScarlet Wrote: [ -> ]Hi Bios Mods!  Big Grin

Thanks so much! Smile
Hi

The mod you provided me with installed perfectly! My new WiFi card works wonders without any issues.

Thank you sir!  Big Grin
Hello... i was middling with the bios and by mistake it seems that i set for PCIE video on the advance settings... now i cant get the motherboard to show anything, i tried the Banox method without any luck.

Now i want to try the Nathanial292 method and already made the usb msdos 6.22 bootdisk but i dont know where to get a standard rom (since the one i got from here is already deleted) and the utilies to flash it from msdos.

Thanks for any help. Ramiro

Banox

RE: unlock advanced menu lenovo y50-70
Hai BD Master,.. Hai everyone , whatsup ,,
been a while since i dropped by here,,

just wanna share this info on how to recover from soft brick Y50 , caused by changing Offset voltage in Unlocked BIOS.
This was tested n confirmed by "Jarn06T" from NBR, at least I got this usefull info from him, n this method referred from those guys on AW forums ,
kudos to all of 'em.

Basically need to remove back cover , 12 screws, disconnect Battery , and CMOS connector. unplug all ram modules.
then do Power Flee by pressing power button 20 secs or so, ( this might not be necessary ).

Then connect AC , power on, it will bootloop cos no ram installed.
- in one of the shutdown in-between bootloop , quickly connect CMOS battery connector back in its place..
- let it reboot, and it will shutdown again with still no ram Installed.
- after another shutdown ( still in-between bootloop ) quickly connect/insert 1 ram modules to its placed.
- then after next reboot, it shud back to life to enter setup MODE.
- then u cud load default settings and restart or shutdown to connect battery & another ram modules, if you had 2 slots installed.

shud there is any other method pls do share , or if this was a repost , please do apologize.

hopefully this cud help others experiencing soft brick after changing OFFSET VOLTAGE settings. NOTE : do not change Voltage
( undervolt ) inside BIOS. ony do in WIndows environtment.
:cheers:

rgds,

Bios WilCard GPU OverClocked !

Nathanial292

Posted for all lenovo Recovery Bios Users !

I used andys tool to get my bios version name (ZIVY2.BI)

http://forums.mydigitallife.info/threads...EFI-BIOSes

I know thats for Pheonix Bios'es but it was worth a shot...

Then got the original bios from Lenovos' website and renamed it to ZIVY2.BI.

I then placed that on a FAT formatted usb; keep in mind I also shoved every single possible filename :

ZIVY2.wph
ZIVY2.bin
ZIVY2.ROM
ZIVY2.FD
ZIVY2.BI
WinZIVY2X64.wph
WinZIVY2X64.fd
WinZIVY2X64.rom {These ones are what the bios file from Lenovo was originally called}
WinZIVY2X64.bin
WinZIVY2X64.bi

I ran the crisis mode(BATTERY OUT/AC OFF, hold fn+B OR fn+R then plug in AC then press Power) and the laptop bleeped
ALOT. 2 minutes later It was booting into WINDOWS!!!

I had to look around the internet for days but it was worth it if this was the result!

I hope you can tell all your lenovo users to try out this method.

I have got so far a long list of users with this issues and i cannot find any Lenovo Recovery Bios woking ! Good luck.

I hope these reports could be usefull to all users need help to make a Recovery Bios !
Regards

Vernam7

I fixed it!! here is how and maybe you wish to share that.
well i did played with the display settings so the laptop was not showing anything.
But that doesn't mean it was nto actually booting at least was trying but was propably geting a bsod, since the display was "disabled".
I tried the HDMI hours ago maybe i would get a tv out but nop.
after waiting 2 hours for the bios t clear as you said it doesn't because its in ROM that keep power for hours,
this is what i did.
- Download your new modified bios,
- Copy It in a msdos bootable USB Stick
- Also in the USB create the autoexec.bat and edit it inside to call the flash.bat automatically the next time the USB boots
- Open laptop and disconected the HD or SSD, so make sure the Bios will boot only from USB
- Plug the USB and power on the laptop WITH all batteries Connected! (because it check for battery state while flashing!)
- Leave the laptop to power on, and notice that the USB is trying indeed LED flashing, showing some sort of activity,
- Remember now that your flash update ask 1-2 times "are you sure" "press any key to continue flashing" so simply press 2-3 times the "Enter" key.
- USB start to flash even more now showing that the Bios was indeed flashing!
- Wait exactly 1 min, it doesnt take longer and to make sure it finished, then pressed 1-2 time more Enter key, until none activity on the USB flash led will be.
- Then the flash is over and needs a restart, lets make sure that its indeed over by forcing a command on the msdos to show some short off activity,
- Try to type "dir", and look flash led activity, (everytime type DIR blinded and Enter key, then the USB has to blinking, which means Bios Flash is over !
- Now Laptop is waiting for a restart!
- Press the POWER button 3sec to shutdown and then press again It switch on and boot !
- BOOM the screen has to came to life and You will have your bios installed and recovered.
- Turn Laptop off, connect HD or SSD, and then power up to setup bios !!!
Regards
Hi,

Just found out I can't use the 17265 wireless card in my Lenovo Y50-70 9ECN43WW(V3.03) because of the whitelist checkup.
Can you remove it ? Here are the results from the tool: https://www.sendspace.com/file/s8jin9

Thanks
(03-03-2017, 07:25 PM)expert_vision Wrote: [ -> ]Hi,

Just found out I can't use the 17265 wireless card in my Lenovo Y50-70 9ECN43WW(V3.03) because of the whitelist checkup.
Can you remove it ? Here are the results from the tool: https://www.sendspace.com/file/s8jin9

Thanks
Hi
Your mod completed. Read PM
Hi can you help me to change my bios white list?

i don't know uploading this is this right or not please guide me im leaning :3

https://www.sendspace.com/file/k8la2n