Bios Mods -The Best BIOS Update and Modification Source

Full Version: [REQUEST] Lenovo Y50-70 (9ECNxxWW) Whitelist Removal
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(10-03-2015, 03:52 PM)Alucard2066 Wrote: [ -> ]Ok thanks, here are the results:
https://www.sendspace.com/file/i5tlps
https://www.sendspace.com/file/1v206n

http://rghost.ru/6PmTWCBBQ
read README
test  and report
Works just fine, thank you Smile
Mayday, Mayday! Moron Alert!
I fiddled with my new advanced settings in the bios and disabled the internal video card. That's right...that's how DUMB I am. Now the laptop is semi-bricked (seems to boot but to a black screen).

I am looking for recovery solutions, and after reading the README that you guys provided, here is what is written plainly:
DON'T TOUCH VIDEO SETTINGS OR DISABLE VIDEO CARD IT WILL BRICK LAPTOP !!! (DUH! I'm such a NOOB and I deserve to be punished).

I've tried to create a usb bootdisk as in the recommended procedure, but the laptop seems to loop (usb stick blinks 3x then num lock lights on & off - then the sequence repeats). Nothing happens when I type flash.bat (blindly).

I've disconnected the battery & cmos battery but I doesn't seem to reset the bios. I'll let it rest for the night, still disconnected to see if it finally flushes the bios settings.
Booting with Fn+R seems to start some sort of recovery (fans blast loudly). I still have my modded bios at hand, if it helps :/
Help!!!
Ok try this procedures :

I Method

Banox

RE: unlock advanced menu lenovo y50-70
Hai BD Master,.. Hai everyone , whatsup ,,
been a while since i dropped by here,,

just wanna share this info on how to recover from soft brick Y50 , caused by changing Offset voltage in Unlocked BIOS.
This was tested n confirmed by "Jarn06T" from NBR, at least I got this usefull info from him, n this method referred from those guys on AW forums ,
kudos to all of 'em.

Basically need to remove back cover , 12 screws, disconnect Battery , and CMOS connector. unplug all ram modules.
then do Power Flee by pressing power button 20 secs or so, ( this might not be necessary ).

Then connect AC , power on, it will bootloop cos no ram installed.
- in one of the shutdown in-between bootloop , quickly connect CMOS battery connector back in its place..
- let it reboot, and it will shutdown again with still no ram Installed.
- after another shutdown ( still in-between bootloop ) quickly connect/insert 1 ram modules to its placed.
- then after next reboot, it shud back to life to enter setup MODE.
- then u cud load default settings and restart or shutdown to connect battery & another ram modules, if you had 2 slots installed.

shud there is any other method pls do share , or if this was a repost , please do apologize.

hopefully this cud help others experiencing soft brick after changing OFFSET VOLTAGE settings. NOTE : do not change Voltage
( undervolt ) inside BIOS. ony do in WIndows environtment.
regards, Bios WilCard GPU OverClocked !

II Method

Vernam7

I fixed it!! here is how and maybe you wish to share that.

well i did played with the display settings so the laptop was not showing anything.
But that doesn't mean it was nto actually booting at least was trying but was propably geting a bsod, since the display was "disabled".
I tried the HDMI hours ago maybe i would get a tv out but nop.
after waiting 2 hours for the bios t clear as you said it doesn't because its in ROM that keep power for hours,
this is what i did.

- Download your new modified bios,
- Copy It in a msdos bootable USB Stick
- Also in the USB create the autoexec.bat and edit it inside to call the flash.bat automatically the next time the USB boots
- Open laptop and disconected the HD or SSD, so make sure the Bios will boot only from USB
- Plug the USB and power on the laptop WITH all batteries Connected! (because it check for battery state while flashing!)
- Leave the laptop to power on, and notice that the USB is trying indeed LED flashing, showing some sort of activity,
- Remember now that your flash update ask 1-2 times "are you sure" "press any key to continue flashing" so simply press 2-3 times the "Enter" key.
- USB start to flash even more now showing that the Bios was indeed flashing!
- Wait exactly 1 min, it doesnt take longer and to make sure it finished, then pressed 1-2 time more Enter key, until none activity on the USB flash led will be.
- Then the flash is over and needs a restart, lets make sure that its indeed over by forcing a command on the msdos to show some short off activity,
- Try to type "dir", and look flash led activity, (everytime type DIR blinded and Enter key, then the USB has to blinking, which means Bios Flash is over !
- Now Laptop is waiting for a restart!
- Press the POWER button 3sec to shutdown and then press again It switch on and boot !
- BOOM the screen has to came to life and You will have your bios installed and recovered.
- Turn Laptop off, connect HD or SSD, and then power up to setup bios !!!
Regards

Nathanial292

Posted for all lenovo Recovery Bios Users !

I used andys tool to get my bios version name (ZIVY2.BI)

http://forums.mydigitallife.info/threads...EFI-BIOSes

I know thats for Pheonix Bios'es but it was worth a shot...

Then got the original bios from Lenovos' website and renamed it to ZIVY2.BI.

I then placed that on a FAT formatted usb; keep in mind I also shoved every single possible filename :

ZIVY2.wph
ZIVY2.bin
ZIVY2.ROM
ZIVY2.FD
ZIVY2.BI
WinZIVY2X64.wph
WinZIVY2X64.fd
WinZIVY2X64.rom {These ones are what the bios file from Lenovo was originally called}
WinZIVY2X64.bin
WinZIVY2X64.bi

I ran the crisis mode(BATTERY OUT/AC OFF, hold fn+B OR fn+R then plug in AC then press Power) and the laptop bleeped
ALOT. 2 minutes later It was booting into WINDOWS!!!

I had to look around the internet for days but it was worth it if this was the result!

I hope you can tell all your lenovo users to try out this method.

I have got so far a long list of users with this issues and i cannot find any Lenovo Recovery Bios woking ! Good luck.

1, copy ZIVY2.bin files to the U packing list and ensure no suffix in the directory name to bin the relevant documents (U disk formatted as fat or FAT32, no guide information)
2, shut down and unplug the battery, power adapter
3, insert U disk
4, do not put down the FN+R hotkey
5, insert power adapter
6, starting
7, the release of FN+R hotkey
8, the system automatically, until the end of the sound, the system will automatically restart and normal boot (this process must not be cut off!)
download link http://rghost.net/6qpB8FWCS

Let me know
Regards

P.S. Actually your Output Display is not connected to your Graphic Card so It's working but black screen
the simplest recovery way is to goi into Bios (without see) just press F12 or CANC then
press F9 to Load Default Settings and press F10 to save press Y to confirm and then
ESC to reboot !
(10-04-2015, 12:16 PM)BDMaster Wrote: [ -> ]disconnect Battery , and CMOS connector. unplug all ram modules.
then do Power Flee by pressing power button 20 secs or so, ( this might not be necessary ).

- in one of the shutdown in-between bootloop , quickly connect CMOS battery connector back in its place..
- after another shutdown ( still in-between bootloop ) quickly connect/insert 1 ram modules to its placed.
- then u cud load default settings and restart or shutdown to connect battery & another ram modules, if you had 2 slots installed.

II Method

Vernam7

- Also in the USB create the autoexec.bat and edit it inside to call the flash.bat automatically the next time the USB boots
- Open laptop and disconected the HD or SSD, so make sure the Bios will boot only from USB
- Plug the USB and power on the laptop WITH all batteries Connected! (because it check for battery state while flashing!)
- Leave the laptop to power on, and notice that the USB is trying indeed LED flashing, showing some sort of activity,
- Remember now that your flash update ask 1-2 times "are you sure" "press any key to continue flashing" so simply press 2-3 times the "Enter" key.
- Wait exactly 1 min, it doesnt take longer and to make sure it finished, then pressed 1-2 time more Enter key, until none activity on the USB flash led will be.
- Then the flash is over and needs a restart, lets make sure that its indeed over by forcing a command on the msdos to show some short off activity,
- Try to type "dir", and look flash led activity, (everytime type DIR blinded and Enter key, then the USB has to blinking, which means Bios Flash is over !
- Press the POWER button 3sec to shutdown and then press again It switch on and boot !
- BOOM the screen has to came to life and You will have your bios installed and recovered.
Regards

Nathanial292

I then placed that on a FAT formatted usb; keep in mind I also shoved every single possible filename :

ZIVY2.wph
ZIVY2.bin
ZIVY2.ROM
ZIVY2.FD
ZIVY2.BI
WinZIVY2X64.wph
WinZIVY2X64.fd
WinZIVY2X64.rom {These ones are what the bios file from Lenovo was originally called}
WinZIVY2X64.bin
WinZIVY2X64.bi

I ran the crisis mode(BATTERY OUT/AC OFF, hold fn+B OR fn+R then plug in AC then press Power) and the laptop bleeped

I had to look around the internet for days but it was worth it if this was the result!

I have got so far a long list of users with this issues and i cannot find any Lenovo Recovery Bios woking ! Good luck.

1, copy ZIVY2.bin files to the U packing list and ensure no suffix in the directory name to bin the relevant documents (U disk formatted as fat or FAT32, no guide information)
3, insert U disk
5, insert power adapter
6, starting
8, the system automatically, until the end of the sound, the system will automatically restart and normal boot (this process must not be cut off!)

Let me know
Regards

P.S. Actually your Output Display is not connected to your Graphic Card so It's working but black screen
the simplest recovery way is to goi into Bios (without see) just press F12 or CANC then
press F9 to Load Default Settings and press F10 to save press Y to confirm and then
ESC to reboot!
I've tried them all with no luck.
Vernam 7's solution seems to be the most logical...but it doesn't work. I've tested my usb key on my main pc, and it starts flashing automatically, but not on the Y50 Sad
Same for a reset of bios settings: F2 at boot + F9 to load defaults + F10 to save + Y
I'm running out of ideas - maybe the laptop is displaying sth else and I can't get past it Sad

EDIT: OMFG, the simplest solution worked!
For future reference, the trick was to fight the right combo of keys: F2 to boot into BIOS then F9 - ENTER - F10 - ENTER
BOOM, it's all back on!
Thanks a million !! (I'm slightly scare that the other methods didn't work :/)
EDIT: OMFG, the simplest solution worked! For future reference, the trick was to find the right combo of keys: F2 to boot into BIOS then F9 - ENTER - F10 - ENTER

BOOM, it's all back on!
(10-04-2015, 01:06 PM)BDMaster Wrote: [ -> ][quote pid='100589' dateline='1443979003']
disconnect Battery , and CMOS connector. unplug all ram modules.

II Method

Vernam7

Regards

Nathanial292

ZIVY2.wph
ZIVY2.bin
ZIVY2.ROM
ZIVY2.FD
ZIVY2.BI
WinZIVY2X64.wph
WinZIVY2X64.fd
WinZIVY2X64.bin
WinZIVY2X64.bi

3, insert U disk
5, insert power adapter
6, starting

Let me know
Regards

ESC to reboot!
I've tried them all with no luck.
Vernam 7's solution seems to be the most logical...but it doesn't work. I've tested my usb key on my main pc, and it starts flashing automatically, but not on the Y50 Sad
Same for a reset of bios settings: F2 at boot + F9 to load defaults + F10 to save + Y
I'm running out of ideas - maybe the laptop is displaying sth else and I can't get past it Sad
[/quote]
EDIT: OMFG, the simplest solution worked! For future reference, the trick was to find the right combo of keys: F2 to boot into BIOS then F9 - ENTER - F10 - ENTER

BOOM, it's all back on!
Milion Thanks for report your Experience and Success so We will able
to help may users yet like You !!!
Not bad for a little  . . . man Wink
Regards
Hi BDMaster,
I want to remove whitelist + Unlock Advance menu(Also if there's extra stuff you can unlock will be greatly thankful to you) for my Lenovo Y50-70 Bios (Downgraded from 3.03 to 1.14)
Here's my
Universal Bios backup(norton 360 detects as virus but uninstalled it before running those tools with admin rights)
https://www.sendspace.com/file/s5z0jc

and for the backup tools it detects my hardware or os as 32 bit, but you know it's architecture is 64 bit and inorder to use more than 4gb ram you need 64 bit os, I'm having win 8.1 idk why it detected as 32 bit

screenshot
https://www.sendspace.com/file/pgap5x

and the results.rar file
https://www.sendspace.com/file/80owmm

Also, One day when you unlocked my bios earlier, There was an option to enable/disable usb turbo or usb 3.0 turbo, if possible please try to unlock that too, because I was not able to find it.
Hi BDMaster,
I would like to remove whitelist and unlock the advanced menu as I'm having the laptop hackintoshed.
my bios version is 3.03
this is my results: https://www.sendspace.com/filegroup/G6Ii...jDg9ziFyPw
should I downgrade to 1.14 or 1.13 before flashing your modded bios ?
thank you Smile