Bios Mods -The Best BIOS Update and Modification Source

Full Version: DELL M18X A03 BIOS THROTTLE REMOVAL GTX580M SLI
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36
I have edited my vbios before with RBE on my Ati cards. Are you hoping to mod the NVIDIA vbios to prevent throttling? Hopefully we can get you those files uploaded soon.

Edit: I had an M17 R2 w/5870 so I flashed my overclocks and overvolted to 1.15v in the vbios. I never got fan control via vbios working... and throttling only occurred at nearly 95 - 205 celcius which was shocking. The current system is M18x and the 6970m's which I also have flashed a overclocked vbios to.. I prefer that over trixx for a fulltime overclock since I can leave ulps enabled. I like working with these things I've been working with Mumak and Unclewebb at Techinferno with them on their amazing programs. Cheers. Looking forward to working with you Ahmed. The Wiz and all you guys did amazing with the M17 R2.
BARCODE : i will download the file now and give me some time to determine what will be modified ,,,,,,, keep using hwinfo to increase fan speeds sothat you will not face throttle till we modify the EC firmware.

mw86 : I have few information about VBIOS modifications and i can edit it using the nibitor but i need the original VBIOS file first ............ and if the mod will be advanced ( using hex edit not nibitor ) then i will not be able to edit it .

SORRY I DIDNT SEE THAT YOU HAVE EDITED YOUR POST Smile
i knew that VBIOS will not controll fans as its already controlles by the EC but i need to test the throttle if the throttle temp is modified in a VBIOS mod Smile

-ALSO , i knew that the A03 supports several NVIDIA and ATI cards but the VBIOS for nvidia is not found inside the bios modules................only found the INTEL SANDY PRIDGE INTEGRATED GRAPHICS CONTROLLER VBIOS module ............ so , no body think that i integrate the NVIDIA VBIOS ( which some people think its found in the A03 but this is not right ) in the A00 bios Big Grin
the bios detected the new 580M GPU by modifications in the MXM , SSDT .....etc modules which made it recognize the new VGA .
(08-28-2011, 10:46 PM)AHMED HOSSAM Wrote: [ -> ]BARCODE : i will download the file now and give me some time to determine what will be modified ,,,,,,, keep using hwinfo to increase fan speeds sothat you will not face throttle till we modify the EC firmware.

mw86 : I have few information about VBIOS modifications and i can edit it using the nibitor but i need the original VBIOS file first ............ and if the mod will be advanced ( using hex edit not nibitor ) then i will not be able to edit it .

SORRY I DIDNT SEE THAT YOU HAVE EDITED YOUR POST Smile
i knew that VBIOS will not controll fans as its already controlles by the EC but i need to test the throttle if the throttle temp is modified in a VBIOS mod Smile

-ALSO , i knew that the A03 supports several NVIDIA and ATI cards but the VBIOS for nvidia is not found inside the bios modules................only found the INTEL SANDY PRIDGE INTEGRATED GRAPHICS CONTROLLER VBIOS module ............ so , no body think that i integrate the NVIDIA VBIOS ( which some people think its found in the A03 but this is not right ) in the A00 bios Big Grin
the bios detected the new 580M GPU by modifications in the MXM , SSDT .....etc modules which made it recognize the new VGA .

No problem take your time! thanks

Okay well if its the 6970m I can help... Or if you need Gt580m someone one has one here. I can upload my vbios when I have power. How bout those 2920xm? I've been shocked how powerful they are... Kept cool preemptively with a more aggressive fan control has shown me some amazing performance. What system do you work on mobile desktop.. Perhaps both? The cpu throttle at 85 when set at your thermal shutdown temp gave me best results atleast with aggressive fan speeds. I have set over 100 celcius for shutdown temp and throttle temp and it does work. Cant wait to use your bios. These things really are quick when kept cool.the unlocked long term limit has been a dream. An example is Intel burn run at very high 5 test yielded a cpu speed of 4.1-4.2 to start with and dropped slowly to 3.4 GHz when long limit took effect and was 80watts and now it can run at a minimum of 3.8ghz on that kind of test at 99watts even with the heat produced by the test. That's with fans at max via HWinfo. I'll post attach a couple of screen shots and logs from throttle stop... Unclewebb's app. Amazing stuff on air cooling. Ivy bridge will be even more of this. Got a wprime 1024 where it ran 4.4ghz for a few secs and slowly drops through the test to a minimum of 4ghz I believe it was in 8threads. In my testing the only way to attain speeds in quad like that are to undervolt or rather I mean leave the stock 1.3511vid max. Which is 0 turbo flex vid in bios. The 25 Flex yields a 1.44 volt range max. So the quad speeds are best attained at stock volts since it provides the beat cooling maybe only a couple of flex over that. Higher speeds in single and dual core required more than the 1.3511 in fact considerably more if beyond about 4.45ghz on single core. IDK its just exciting! These mods really unlock these systems especially the TDP. Hmmm TDC over 97amp anyone? Could that be possible?
احمد, replied to your PM.. in either case this won't be an easy job Wink
Guys with M18x, can somebody determine what EC chip is used on the mobo ?
One of us need to disassemble the M18x right and look for the ec chip?
Yep.. it might be marked as 8051 or similar (Atmel, Renesas, etc...)..
It's useful to know what chip is used for proper disassembly of the FW.

(08-29-2011, 01:08 AM)mw86 Wrote: [ -> ]One of us need to disassemble the M18x right and look for the ec chip?
(08-29-2011, 01:24 AM)Mumak Wrote: [ -> ]Yep.. it might be marked as 8051 or similar (Atmel, Renesas, etc...)..
It's useful to know what chip is used for proper disassembly of the FW.

(08-29-2011, 01:08 AM)mw86 Wrote: [ -> ]One of us need to disassemble the M18x right and look for the ec chip?

I will do this tomorrow as i need to upgrade the cpu anyway and i will look for EC on motherboard Smile

Perfect thanks barcode! That's really nice of you.
(08-28-2011, 11:26 PM)mw86 Wrote: [ -> ]Okay well if its the 6970m I can help... Or if you need Gt580m someone one has one here. I can upload my vbios when I have power. How bout those 2920xm? I've been shocked how powerful they are... Kept cool preemptively with a more aggressive fan control has shown me some amazing performance. What system do you work on mobile desktop.. Perhaps both? The cpu throttle at 85 when set at your thermal shutdown temp gave me best results atleast with aggressive fan speeds. I have set over 100 celcius for shutdown temp and throttle temp and it does work. Cant wait to use your bios. These things really are quick when kept cool.the unlocked long term limit has been a dream. An example is Intel burn run at very high 5 test yielded a cpu speed of 4.1-4.2 to start with and dropped slowly to 3.4 GHz when long limit took effect and was 80watts and now it can run at a minimum of 3.8ghz on that kind of test at 99watts even with the heat produced by the test. That's with fans at max via HWinfo. I'll post attach a couple of screen shots and logs from throttle stop... Unclewebb's app. Amazing stuff on air cooling. Ivy bridge will be even more of this. Got a wprime 1024 where it ran 4.4ghz for a few secs and slowly drops through the test to a minimum of 4ghz I believe it was in 8threads. In my testing the only way to attain speeds in quad like that are to undervolt or rather I mean leave the stock 1.3511vid max. Which is 0 turbo flex vid in bios. The 25 Flex yields a 1.44 volt range max. So the quad speeds are best attained at stock volts since it provides the beat cooling maybe only a couple of flex over that. Higher speeds in single and dual core required more than the 1.3511 in fact considerably more if beyond about 4.45ghz on single core. IDK its just exciting! These mods really unlock these systems especially the TDP. Hmmm TDC over 97amp anyone? Could that be possible?

yes. 130 seems to be the max for this. along with a 49x multiplier(still testing).
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36