Bios Mods -The Best BIOS Update and Modification Source

Full Version: DELL M18X A03 BIOS THROTTLE REMOVAL GTX580M SLI
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36
wow. so no sharing of information because it's under development? didn't know you worked for the people who make insyde bios.
If you want to know why not spend your time developing the how to like we did? It's better blame ans ask all done right?

This kind of comments make me angry. We have no obligation to share with you anything, even a modded bios, so you better be thankfull for this instead annoy.
(08-28-2011, 05:45 AM)camiloml Wrote: [ -> ]If you want to know why not spend your time developing the how to like we did? It's better blame ans ask all done right?

This kind of comments make me angry. We have no obligation to share with you anything, even a modded bios, so you better be thankfull for this instead annoy.

I am totally greatfull to the whole bios mod team and i dont care how/what or who did it as long as its been done and unlocked hence released to all, (thank you) even tho it still has not go rid of my gpu throttle, this unlocking was a bonus.
Sorry barcode that was not related to you but the post inmediatly before mine Wink
To echo barcode - there are quite a few of us watching this thread with baited breath hoping for the 580m unlock -and we're all VERY appreciative of the work you're putting in!
(08-28-2011, 09:03 AM)Vestitas Wrote: [ -> ]To echo barcode - there are quite a few of us watching this thread with baited breath hoping for the 580m unlock -and we're all VERY appreciative of the work you're putting in!

Thanks but im only the tester here, Bios-mods (Ahmed) needs congrats.
Unlocked Done, Alter/adjust the ECFW we are in business Smile
Stay tuned Smile

Thank you graciously for unlocking this bios! Can I modify this one in a hex editor after flashing to manipulate any registers that may not be taking effect. Or do all of the menu options that appear other than fan speed working? Such as is there the ability to set above a 45 multiplier on the 2920xm? When I manually mod my normal bios using a method shown to me by Da G I am able to set those manually and they take effect... do you know if your unlocked bios allows for that? I truly appreciate all your work Ahmed and the whole Bios-Mods crew. Thank You Wink
HI ALL ,

I THINK CAMILO IS 100% RIGHT , AND THESE COMMENTS REALLY ANNOYED ME TOO................I WILL NOT REPLY TO THESE COMMENTS AND LETS START MODDING AND TESTING AGAIN WITHOUT ANY PROBLEMS .

-- THE UNLOCKED A02 AND A03 BIOSES HAVE ALL THEIR OPTIONS AND MENUS UNLOCKED .........AS I SAID ALL OPTIONS ARE 100% WORKING EXCEPT THE FAN SPEED AS ITS CONTROLLED BY THE EC ...................I DON`T KNEW ABOUT Da_G METHOD BUT I THINK HE IS MODIFYING THE OPTIONS MAUALLY WITHOUT UNLOCKING IT ...........BTW , AS I TOLD YOU IT HAS ALL OPTIONS UNLOCKED NOW AND WORKING PERFECT EXCEPT THE FAN SPEEDS .

-- THE NEXT STEPS WILL BE LIKE THAT :-
1 ) MODIFY THE 580M GPU BIOS ( OVERCLOCKING AND INCREASING THE FAN SPEED TO 80% OR 90% TO REDUCE HEAT ...AND ALSO MODIFYING THE CARD THROTTLE TEMP )
2 ) MODIFYING THE A02 AND A03 BIOSES ( ALOT OF MODULES WILL BE MODIFIED ) THEN TEST THE THROTTLE .
3 ) MODIFYING THE EC FIRMWARE TO INCREASE FAN SPEEDS AND REMOVING THROTTLE ( IF I FOUND THAT THROTTLE IS CONTROLLED BY THE EC )

IN A FEW HOURS I WILL HAVE THE NO 1 AND 2 COMPLETED AND WILL BE READY FOR YOUR TEST ............ IF THIS FAILED , I WILL BEGIN MODIFYING THE EC FIRMWARE .

ALSO , TRY FLASHING THE UNLOCKED A03 WITH THE LATEST MODIFIED FLASH UTILITY ( USING PLATFORM.INI WHICH FLASHED THE A02 EC FIRMWARE WITH THE BIOS .........ITS THE LATEST ONE I HAVE UPLOADED FOR YOU ) THEN TEST THE THROTTLE TEMP .

AND PLEASE TRY TO FLASH THE FIRST MODIFIED A00 BIOS AND THEN DO A BLIND RECOVERY TO A03 AND TEST THROTTLE TEMP .
Hey guys, I'm jumping into this thread since I spent lot of time disassembing various Alienware BIOSes including their EC parts, mostly to find out how fan control works there.
What I can say for sure, is that the BIOS or VBIOS have nothing to do with fan control here - it's solely controlled by the EC firmware (Compal).
The EC code is not easy to understand, but what I know so far is that I'm unable to control the fan speed independently for each fan.. the whole EC-BIOS interface seems to be a bit 'unfinished' or better said "not well designed"... I also noticed some EC registers where they store the mid/high fan speed settings which are applied at least on certain places (but that doesn't allow to change the temperature/PWM trip point)...
What I can do now (in HWiNFO32/64) is to control the fan speed. There were some stability issues (probably caused by EC-ACPI conflicts), but it seems that's resloved in the latest Beta version.
If you have already knowledge about Compal EC design, then it should be easy to do what you want, since most Compal designs follow the same design matrix.. Project code for M18x is "PAR10"
As someone who has been working with Mumak I can attest this is true. Thanks for your response Ahmed..
I knew what you wrote and saw other responses so I was confused. Thank again I meant no disrespect. Now I know that your bios works and not to worry about the other responses here. My apologies for adding to the annoyances. Gratitude.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36