Bios Mods -The Best BIOS Update and Modification Source

Full Version: DELL M18X A03 BIOS THROTTLE REMOVAL GTX580M SLI
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36
(10-13-2011, 08:10 PM)mw86 Wrote: [ -> ]Hey Ahmed everything loaded fine and looks good, noticed two menus look like stock bios now but on last unlocked bios A03 they looked different. Here is what stock bios menu looks like and in this new version it looks like this again.. Wasn't many extra options but they were there... http://forum.techinferno.com/attachments...9581-2.jpg

and the last boot menu had a few more options in the last unlocked bios and in this one it looks like stock again. Theres nothing I am set on having in those menus but there were extra features not sure if it was my flash or if its how the new bios is...

Thanks again and if you want me to check anything for you i can

Thanks Ahmed. I'll test tonight.

So mw86, are you saying that the unlocked features are not present at all or are they just more refined restricted.
Cause in the older version we seemed to have two performance menus doing the same thing.
Dell at work again with there restrictions Smile

No problem , try this new modified bios and you will find more unlocked options

http://www.mediafire.com/?t48o59oapc40j74

i just wanted to test something in the setup utility in the previous mod .

but , do you mean in your previous reply that the advanced menu is already found in stock A04 bios ! and the last mod only unlocked few options but not menus ! i want to knew exactly the result .
thank you
sorry for the confusion. The two menu tabs I describe are different in this a04 unlocked bios you provided. I checked all the menus to see if they were all there and all of the overclocking options are there and its all working good but the original options menu I posted a pic of is now returned and in the A03 you unlocked there were more options in that menu I pictured and just like what I just described the last tab called boot shows less options than your last unlocked bios... So in short no everything works and is there except two menus have less options in the unlocked bios you just provided compared to A03 unlocked bios your provided. I never loaded stock a04 I just went from unlocked A03 to unlocked A04. I have not tried the new file you uploaded I will as soon as I can.
Okay all loaded up Ahmed... everything works fine, and the menus are identical now from unlocked a03 to unlocked a04 thanks Ahmed.
see anything new in there?
So , the last unlocked bios has the same menus as unlocked A03 .
Nice to hear that it worked well .
Thank you for testing Smile
Yes Ahmed and thank you again. I didn't see anything new but you unlocked bios a03 mirrors your unlocked bios a04. Thank you. Johnkss.. I didn't see anything new but perhaps I missed something deeper into the menus.
yes , the setup utility is the same but the other bios modules are not the same as there are alot of different things in the other modules like power management .
the A02 , A03 and A04 are the same setup utility .
So are the same options in A04 or there are changes not noticed in the A04?
Do you mean the options are the same but hidden values and settings for power related functions have changed from A03 to A04? What changed that you noticed... was it just related to that video card 580M or maybe the changes were cpu related too?
(10-14-2011, 12:27 PM)mw86 Wrote: [ -> ]Yes Ahmed and thank you again. I didn't see anything new but you unlocked bios a03 mirrors your unlocked bios a04. Thank you. Johnkss.. I didn't see anything new but perhaps I missed something deeper into the menus.
i have not looked yet. was waiting on you guys to find out..Smile

(10-14-2011, 12:30 PM)AHMED HOSSAM Wrote: [ -> ]yes , the setup utility is the same but the other bios modules are not the same as there are alot of different things in the other modules like power management .
the A02 , A03 and A04 are the same setup utility .

(10-14-2011, 01:11 PM)mw86 Wrote: [ -> ]So are the same options in A04 or there are changes not noticed in the A04?
Do you mean the options are the same but hidden values and settings for power related functions have changed from A03 to A04? What changed that you noticed... was it just related to that video card 580M or maybe the changes were cpu related too?

yes, i would like to know this as well
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36