Bios Mods -The Best BIOS Update and Modification Source

Full Version: DELL M18X A03 BIOS THROTTLE REMOVAL GTX580M SLI
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36
(09-06-2011, 05:44 AM)barcode Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-06-2011, 05:23 AM)littleone562 Wrote: [ -> ]Wow, I thought the support for those cards was added in A02. Please inform if this does remove all throttle Smile

No throttle in 3dmark06 see pic

Excitement was over it lasted a good 5minutes ^0^
But THROTTLE STILL DETECTED IN 3DVANTAGE!

Oh well at least the cpu overclocks seem better and hold higher in A00!

Looks like it's offical vbios mod required NVIDIA is throttling!

What do i have to do Offer a huge REWARD perhaps!!
Nvidia your next on my chopping board Smile

Would A00 help with 2720qm performance in any way? Also maybe Camilo's version give some luck Smile
(09-06-2011, 05:54 AM)littleone562 Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-06-2011, 05:44 AM)barcode Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-06-2011, 05:23 AM)littleone562 Wrote: [ -> ]Wow, I thought the support for those cards was added in A02. Please inform if this does remove all throttle Smile

No throttle in 3dmark06 see pic

Excitement was over it lasted a good 5minutes ^0^
But THROTTLE STILL DETECTED IN 3DVANTAGE!

Oh well at least the cpu overclocks seem better and hold higher in A00!

Looks like it's offical vbios mod required NVIDIA is throttling!

What do i have to do Offer a huge REWARD perhaps!!
Nvidia your next on my chopping board Smile

Would A00 help with 2720qm performance in any way? Also maybe Camilo's version give some luck Smile

Yeah im going to try this Camilos version now!
Hey Camilos i'm guessing i just blind this par10mec.fd file
Also im going to implement mod info file support for 580m on older nvidia drivers desktop graphic ones not notebook ones and see how i go

(09-06-2011, 05:04 AM)camiloml Wrote: [ -> ]Did someone test the one i posted?

Just tested this, still throttle but took awhile to kick in almost run the first 3dvantage test before it started @ 800mhz.

brb gonna mod a inf file to support 580m and install desktop drivers so if this doesnt work im out of ideas and ready to give up! Smile

Will give a kick to that A00 bios with your permission.
I think the focus of our view should transfer from A03 to A00
It seems that the a00 has more possibility to mod with the EC FW
(09-06-2011, 06:59 AM)camiloml Wrote: [ -> ]Will give a kick to that A00 bios with your permission.

by all means please!

And yes focus should be on this a00 bios!

barcode, get benchmarking/stress tools other than 3Dmarks. AFAIR nvidia hardcoded downclocking in vantage. Furmark won't work too. How about EVGA OC Scanner? The tool is avaliable to registered EVGA customers only, but you can found it here:

EVGA OC Scanner 1.7.3
http://www.box.net/bullshit/1/77012174/909165794

A00 is prolly earlier than Dell's plan to sell 580ms, so I guess it could be the key.

edit: oh, btw, my simple card hits the throttle as well, so the problem is not caused by a too weak ac adapter.
I noticed an interesting thing. Either OC Scanner is doomed to be detected as a stress tool and therefore automatically downcloacked in the way Furmark is, or the throttle is load related.
This is the screen shot of my initial testing. I run OC Scanner with the default settings + "Heavy mode" option on. Without "Heavy mode" the cards do not downclock. With the option on, they do. As you can see the temps aren't anywhere around high.

You can see the throttling kicking in on the graph. I suspect though, that OC Scanner is doomed to fail because of Nvidia doing (same thing as Furmark). If that's not the case, then the throttle is load-related, e.g. if cards run at 100% for x seconds -> the throttle kicks in. I tried running the tool both on stock clocks and slightly overclocked clocks (710/1580/1420). There was no difference when 'heavy mode' was on. Stock clocks and OC clocks behave exactly the same.

[Image: qdZXN.png]
On a completely different note, you guys know how various ribbons in the m18x system are held in by clips that lock it like the keyboard ribbon, macro keyboard ribbon, hard drive ribbon. Are those clips replaceable because 1 of mine broke and it is hard to keep the ribbon in without it.
Well, i have made the same mod in A00 i did in A03, DSDT mod to try to remove the throttling plus unlocked bios menus.

http://www.mediafire.com/?box8sv9pqodg1lz

For the braves to test Wink
Hi All ,

@Bracode , thanks alot for the A00 bios ( with the original ECFW ) ....... this will help us alot .
i think you should all try another method for discovering throttle .
don`t use any special tools like furmark or anything like that as these all marked from nvidia as harm tools .
You should put all fans on low speeds ( using HWINFO ) then play any game like crysis2 or farcry ( heavy games ) then see if it will throttle and the voltage and temp. of this throttle .
putting fans on low speeds will make gpu throttle for sure ...............and again don`t use all these tools in this test , just use HWINFO for putting fans on low speed then play any game and detect throttle temp and throttle voltage in the original A00 bios .

-Also , test the last modified A03 bios and tell me if you found any changes there .

-- @Mumak : there are alot of changes in the ECFW of the A00 bios..........please check the changes in the A00 ECFW as i can`t do that like you Big Grin
i will tell you the changed offests then you can knew what these changes can do .

i will wait the results from Barcode and any one has 580M can test this too .
(09-06-2011, 02:57 PM)camiloml Wrote: [ -> ]Well, i have made the same mod in A00 i did in A03, DSDT mod to try to remove the throttling plus unlocked bios menus.

http://www.mediafire.com/?box8sv9pqodg1lz

For the braves to test Wink

Thanks so much! A00 bios is way the best in cpu values holds and runs clocks way higher compared to A02 or A03 For eg. If your set on Stage 2 overclock in bios the cpu runs and holds in at 4.0ghz and above where as A02 downclocks/limiting this to about 3.7ghz max so this is one bonus.

Much appreciated for the unlock this will help, But i will probably require or request an untouched unlocked A00 bios as well, but i'll test your above upload tonight Smile

Now for the throttle issue I have never suffered any kind of throttle in gaming so this will be very hard for me to detected.
It's only occurring in gpu stress testing applications anything above the 740mhz overclock.
I have gamed with stock clocks and overclocked clocks still no throttle in gaming.
My guess here would be no game will ever stress test the gpu as much as a gpu stress test application would.

I will be requesting a vmod to be done at 0.90v instead of 0.92 to see if this helps slightly above standard 0.87v.

(09-06-2011, 06:05 PM)AHMED HOSSAM Wrote: [ -> ]Hi All ,

@Bracode , thanks alot for the A00 bios ( with the original ECFW ) ....... this will help us alot .
i think you should all try another method for discovering throttle .
don`t use any special tools like furmark or anything like that as these all marked from nvidia as harm tools .
You should put all fans on low speeds ( using HWINFO ) then play any game like crysis2 or farcry ( heavy games ) then see if it will throttle and the voltage and temp. of this throttle .
putting fans on low speeds will make gpu throttle for sure ...............and again don`t use all these tools in this test , just use HWINFO for putting fans on low speed then play any game and detect throttle temp and throttle voltage in the original A00 bios .

-Also , test the last modified A03 bios and tell me if you found any changes there .

-- @Mumak : there are alot of changes in the ECFW of the A00 bios..........please check the changes in the A00 ECFW as i can`t do that like you Big Grin
i will tell you the changed offests then you can knew what these changes can do .

i will wait the results from Barcode and any one has 580M can test this too .

Thanks Ahmed i'll test your A03 tonight as well!!

You know what the funny thing here is as well, Dell was shocked i was experiencing throttle in gpu and requested they come out and change the motherboard and both GPU graphic cards saying they were faulty!!! Whooot So to me Dell doesnt even know it's throttling.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36