Bios Mods -The Best BIOS Update and Modification Source

Full Version: DELL M18X A03 BIOS THROTTLE REMOVAL GTX580M SLI
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36
angelknight : can you tell me please from which post you have downloaded this A00 bios , as i want to remember is this modified or original one .
(09-04-2011, 08:25 PM)AHMED HOSSAM Wrote: [ -> ]angelknight : can you tell me please from which post you have downloaded this A00 bios , as i want to remember is this modified or original one .

Also i just noticed his using a 2960xm cpu. I'm 100% sure A00 bios will not support this as well.
The only difference between A02 and A03 was cpu support and a few gpu fan control adjustments added according to dell support page

may be he used my modified bios , but i`m not sure from that .

i will wait his reply.
Hi Mumak,

I just found out why it was throttling on battery mode, I had my battery mode setting set to power save lol how dumb ^o^ sorry! no throttle on battery detected now except the same as ac power heavy load.
(09-04-2011, 08:41 PM)AHMED HOSSAM Wrote: [ -> ]may be he used my modified bios , but i`m not sure from that .

i will wait his reply.

So ahmed, there is no way we can re-create the same method used on the M17XR3 with the M18XR1!!

I'm guessing our only hope would be to change the EC values, see what was changed in the M17X between A04 and A08/A07.

Time and patients is the key Smile lol

Barcode : try using this modified flash utility for flashing the original A00 ( posted by johnkss ) .
then try flashing the modified A00 bios attached with the modified utility :-

http://www.mediafire.com/?il8lurhiulblmf7

i will wait your reply now Wink
(09-04-2011, 08:58 PM)AHMED HOSSAM Wrote: [ -> ]Barcode : try using this modified flash utility for flashing the original A00 ( posted by johnkss ) .
then try flashing the modified A00 bios attached with the modified utility :-

http://www.mediafire.com/?il8lurhiulblmf7

i will wait your reply now Wink

Sorry cant test now, as im away from M18X Will test in about 8 hours (remember our time zones are way out Europe - Pacific)

also , no way to do this in the 18X , as there is no bios that has ECFW which hasn`t got throttle .

there ECFW codes are heavily changed between the A04 A07 or A08 .......... when you see the huge difference , you can say its completely ne FW for these versions !

I trust Mumak doing this mission Smile he has experience in all ECFW .
i hasn`t modified ECFW in this bios , just integrate modified modules ( ECFW Is not existed to modify Big Grin )

in worst case , the ECFW is never touched and you can use blind recovery .
(09-04-2011, 09:01 PM)AHMED HOSSAM Wrote: [ -> ]also , no way to do this in the 18X , as there is no bios that has ECFW which hasn`t got throttle .

there ECFW codes are heavily changed between the A04 A07 or A08 .......... when you see the huge difference , you can say its completely ne FW for these versions !

i hasn`t modified ECFW in this bios , just integrate modified modules ( ECFW Is not existed to modify Big Grin )

Cool np!! I'll test tonight
We are walking in complete darkness. We don't even know what causes the throttle. I say it is temps. It cannot be power. It's always 870mV under heavy load and if the temps do not exceed 80*C the cards are not throttled.

Identify the cause first and then start your modifications. Furmark is no good. 5*0m line and the drivers are made so to downclock while a user is running particular applications like Furmark for example.

Barcode, make sure you properly identify when the throttle kicks in. Heat up the cards up to 80*C and see what happens. Do not run 3Dmarks. Run some demanding game (e.g. crysis 2) and force the GPU fans to spin slowly using hwinfo. You should be able to reach 80*C easily enough.
(09-04-2011, 09:01 PM)AHMED HOSSAM Wrote: [ -> ]also , no way to do this in the 18X , as there is no bios that has ECFW which hasn`t got throttle .

Well if thats the case im going to ring dell now and get the original A00 bios which should have the ECFW Smile try anyway!

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36