Bios Mods -The Best BIOS Update and Modification Source

Full Version: HP MCP61PM-HM (Nettle2) 5.27 With Unlocked Overclocking Options
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(03-10-2010, 06:02 AM)Spyderz Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-09-2010, 10:23 PM)1234s282 Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-09-2010, 07:42 PM)Spyderz Wrote: [ -> ]any sites cheaper than biosman at $27 bucks per PLCC chip?

Well heres one on ebay Australia , $9 + $6 shipping http://cgi.ebay.com.au/Bios-Chip-HP-A635...2a038c4270

Regards
Admin
theres quite a few MCP61PM-HM

all of them should work though if MCP61PM-HM is listed under supported boards

Admin
First I would like to thank the people who did this good job, the flash was succes and my motherdord nettle2 work without interrupition, the only thing I want to do now is to change the fan speed because it's noisy.
Thank you once again
(03-10-2010, 07:02 AM)1bouzid Wrote: [ -> ]First I would like to thank the people who did this good job, the flash was succes and my motherdord nettle2 work without interrupition, the only thing I want to do now is to change the fan speed because it's noisy.
Thank you once again

We are working on this problem, maybe we'll soon have a solution...

EDIT: Read below for solution.
1bouzid,

To set the fan speed corerrectly, please do the followng until we release the next version.

In BIOS setup, navigate to the PC health and set smart fan to Auto, this will take care of the CPU fan (make sure to reboot twice)

Then, to quiet the system fan, follow these instructions.
http://www.hardwaresecrets.com/article/496

And, when Tango finishes some other new things such as CPU voltage Splashscreens, etc. there will be a release correcting the fan issue (I had it too) Fofrunatly everything above will get you started in no time Big Grin

TheWiz
(03-10-2010, 05:21 PM)TheWiz Wrote: [ -> ]1bouzid,

To set the fan speed corerrectly, please do the followng until we release the next version.

In BIOS setup, navigate to the PC health and set smart fan to Auto, this will take care of the CPU fan (make sure to reboot twice)

Then, to quiet the system fan, follow these instructions.
http://www.hardwaresecrets.com/article/496

And, when Tango finishes some other new things such as CPU voltage Splashscreens, etc. there will be a release correcting the fan issue (I had it too) Fofrunatly everything above will get you started in no time Big Grin

TheWiz
Thank you, I am going to read this link.
Now that I have this new BIOS loaded would someone be able to point me to some good reading on how to start OCing?!?

Here are my system specs if that helps.

Processor: AMD Athlon 64 X2, 2900 MHz (14.5 x 200) 5600+

Memory: 2x2gb GSkill F2-6400CL5-2GBPQ and 2x2gb Samsung M3 78T5663QZ3-CF7 (2 of the GSkill chips I got were DOA so I stuck the Samsung memory in until Newegg ships me the new GSkill)

Video: PCI Express 2.0 x16: XFX Radeon HD 4850 1gb

Cooling: Cooler Master Hyper TX3 with Artic Silver and dual fans.

Thanks!!

One other question, how do I donate to the site?? At this point I feel obligated!! This new BIOS will get my PC performing well beyond my expectations and someone should get some money for that. Big Grin *Nevermind, found it*
Thanks for the dontation, I will get an OCing guide up shortly.

TheWiz
(03-11-2010, 05:39 PM)TheWiz Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks for the dontation, I will get an OCing guide up shortly.

TheWiz

This is my setup so far Smile

Under advanced chipset features

HT speed - 4X
CPU Freq. 230

Note cpu freq X htt speed should be close to or under 1000

It starts at 5 X 200
So sence i raised it to 230 I changed the multiplier to 4

Advanved Bios features

VId Control 1.225 (CPU Voltage)

Might as well locate the Cmos clear jumper on the motherboard (Mine Red) If you clock it to high you may need to unplug the computer, set jumper, wait 5 - 10 seconds - reset jumper - plug computer back in. This well reset to defaut. Mine wont boot above 230.

You can also play with the cpu multiplier. I have not felt like messing with it yet Smile

Nick
I was dumb enough to forget to unhide the CPU voltage options in the instructions, so version two will have that as well, plus splashscreen, EPA, AMD proccessor updates, fan fix, etc
(03-12-2010, 06:35 AM)TheWiz Wrote: [ -> ]I was dumb enough to forget to unhide the CPU voltage options in the instructions, so version two will have that as well, plus splashscreen, EPA, AMD proccessor updates, fan fix, etc

you get your new processor from new egg yet? just wondered if it worked Smile

Nick