Bios Mods -The Best BIOS Update and Modification Source

Full Version: HP MCP61PM-HM (Nettle2) 5.27 With Unlocked Overclocking Options
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Guys, thank you for replies. Very encouraging!

@scourge, just tried that and still the same result. I have tried booting from HD, floppy, CD-Rom and USB - nothing gets passed the black screen with blinking cursor (underscore).

@TheWiz, I used the command from the first page - "awdflash M613Z_19.BIN /py /sn /cc / cd /cp /wb /r". I did rename the OEM bios file to M613Z_19.BIN, although that was not necessary.

So at this point I tried everything I could think of - re-sitting components, swapping memory, using a different memory slot, resettings settings (through BIOS, using blue and red pins, taking out the battery) - the result is the same. My main PC takes about a second to get passed the same point - I'm guessing it's where it's trying to "give" control to another boot device but messes up. Is there anything else I can do? Perhaps shorten a couple of pins during boot up or pour water over it? Last one would be undesirable, though Smile
Hello just followed the tutorial but after I flashed the bios and it rebooted I just got a black screen and now I get it all the time. Anyone know how I flash back to the old one? I cant select boot from something. Just a black screen
It works with Windows 7 right?
Hello again I am doing this guide: http://www.bios-mods.com/forum/Thread-TO...EED-PLEASE
and I need the orginal bios config. So can someone plz link me the original bios version. Thanks in advance
hi has anybody found a compatable phenom/athlon cpu for the nettle2 yet? btw thanks for the new bios guys, flashing was effortless. Smile
(02-08-2012, 08:45 PM)nemanjaganja Wrote: [ -> ]hi has anybody found a compatable phenom/athlon cpu for the nettle2 yet? btw thanks for the new bios guys, flashing was effortless. Smile

I am currently running an AMD Athlon 64 X2 6000+ - ADA6000IAA6CZ since upgrading to the mod bios runs great, specs are here - http://www.cpu-world.com/CPUs/K8/AMD-Ath...ZBOX).html

also running an AMD Athlon 64 X2 6000+ - ADV6000IAA5DO in my mums, specs are here - http://www.cpu-world.com/CPUs/K8/AMD-Ath...OBOX).html

like to try a Phenom triple core next
Thing is, there is no voltage control option for CPU in the bios or am i missing something because i'm stuck at 2.5 ghz and can't go further because of locked voltage..

CPU is amd 4400+, brisbane chipset
(02-21-2012, 04:02 AM)shad0wboss Wrote: [ -> ]Thing is, there is no voltage control option for CPU in the bios or am i missing something because i'm stuck at 2.5 ghz and can't go further because of locked voltage..

CPU is amd 4400+, brisbane chipset

I have vcore unlocked in mine. I think I used a bios editor and opened it up as an option. Hard to remember. I thought I read about it in the posts way back. The Wiz indicated that it caused some instabilities so they left it out of the final release? That's all I remember anyway.
(01-30-2012, 11:24 PM)BIOS_Downgrade Wrote: [ -> ]Guys, thank you for replies. Very encouraging!

@scourge, just tried that and still the same result. I have tried booting from HD, floppy, CD-Rom and USB - nothing gets passed the black screen with blinking cursor (underscore).

@TheWiz, I used the command from the first page - "awdflash M613Z_19.BIN /py /sn /cc / cd /cp /wb /r". I did rename the OEM bios file to M613Z_19.BIN, although that was not necessary.

So at this point I tried everything I could think of - re-sitting components, swapping memory, using a different memory slot, resettings settings (through BIOS, using blue and red pins, taking out the battery) - the result is the same. My main PC takes about a second to get passed the same point - I'm guessing it's where it's trying to "give" control to another boot device but messes up. Is there anything else I can do? Perhaps shorten a couple of pins during boot up or pour water over it? Last one would be undesirable, though Smile

I am sadly having the same situation that you are in.

- Turn the PC on.
-There is no beep but BIOS loads up and recognizes memory, HDD and my DVD. It also gives me the option for F1 (setup).
-It changes to a black screen, with only a flashing underscore line on top left.
-Ctrl+alt+del doesnt do anything.
-I ve tried disconnecting everything, then plugging everything back, one by one, while restarting the computer every time.
-I did remove the CMOS battery for about 30min to no avail.
-I cannot load any bootable CD/USB Flash, and I even got a Floppy disk drive to save my computer, but all is futile: They would all flash and seems to work for a moment, but it just stops and goes back to the black screen.

I have an HP Pavilion a6130n, with MCP61PM-HM (Nettle2). I have given up already. I hope they find a solution for you.
Hey all, first post, I'm new to this. I have an Hp m8200n with an amd 6000+, same computer as Jasinwa(Guy who posted on page 66). I was successful in flashing the Modded bios, however I'm unable to Overclock. Jasinwa, said he just changed the frequency from 200-230, I did that as well as brought my ht multiplier down to 4x; however when I look on cpu-z and in the computer properties, It says I'm still at the 3015hz I started with. Yes I did allow to bios settings to save, let it restart then shut it down and unplugged it for 30 seconds. Still no cigar. Also turned off cool and quiet. Wondering what I could be doing wrong/missing....
Thanks, guys!
edit...

also, I'm running windows 7 64 bit