Bios Mods -The Best BIOS Update and Modification Source

Full Version: HP MCP61PM-HM (Nettle2) 5.27 With Unlocked Overclocking Options
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(10-04-2012, 12:27 PM)TheWiz Wrote: [ -> ]As for the original HP BIOS, I believe I have a copy of both 5.19 and 5.27 for those interested. To boot USB in the BIOS, normally its just a matter of holding the esc key to bring up the boot menu.

Regards,
TheWiz

Could I have a copy of both bios's? Also, would the 5.27 have multiplier options for the processor if you have one that has the multiplier unlocked?

Much appreciated,
Keegan
(10-04-2012, 12:27 PM)TheWiz Wrote: [ -> ]Hi guys,

Sorry for the delay in replying to the discussion here, it has been a busy few months. In regards to the Phenom I/II support, unlike MrTangoWhiskey I was not able to get the Phenom I to run on my nettle board, however that doesn't mean it is impossible. If you have a BIOS you would like me to test but haven't because you fear bricking the board, I will test CPU functionality for you if you drop the link in a reply. Otherwise I can independently retest images if there is an interest.

As for the original HP BIOS, I believe I have a copy of both 5.19 and 5.27 for those interested. To boot USB in the BIOS, normally its just a matter of holding the esc key to bring up the boot menu.

Regards,
TheWiz

I would like to take this opportunity to thank TheWiz and Mr.Tango Whisky
(Vielen Dank für Ihre Arbeit).
This project has been a great learning experience for me.
Best regards and wishes.
Well, I've got me a Willem BIOS flasher now and spare chip and I'm hacking and slicing things up to no success so far, but hey I'm trying and I'm learning. It's all good. I'll let you know if I ever manage to accomplish anything.
(10-24-2012, 08:27 PM)scourge Wrote: [ -> ]Well, I've got me a Willem BIOS flasher now and spare chip and I'm hacking and slicing things up to no success so far, but hey I'm trying and I'm learning. It's all good. I'll let you know if I ever manage to accomplish anything.

Please do let us know of any success. There are a few folks still watching and best of luck.
Does this support the Phenom II x2 545? Because I've been unable to boot with mine installed. I'm using a T180 board if that matters.
(11-14-2012, 06:05 AM)kittenkiller5000 Wrote: [ -> ]Does this support the Phenom II x2 545? Because I've been unable to boot with mine installed. I'm using a T180 board if that matters.

Nope. That's what I'm fiddling with, but it just may not be possible.
(11-14-2012, 08:37 PM)scourge Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-14-2012, 06:05 AM)kittenkiller5000 Wrote: [ -> ]Does this support the Phenom II x2 545? Because I've been unable to boot with mine installed. I'm using a T180 board if that matters.

Nope. That's what I'm fiddling with, but it just may not be possible.

Aww, it'd be a fantastic upgrade from the 5000+ I'm using now. Is there any kind of list of the processors that have been tested? I'm hoping to hold out on getting a new computer till AMD's next high end socket hits/they get their act together.
Hello, I am having installation issues for this BIOS. I am using the HP MPC61PM-HM (Nettle 2) Motherboard. To explain my issue, first, I have downloaded all of the files from the original post, I followed the directions word for word, however when I type in the command, all I get is a list of commands (I have checked my spelling over and over again). If I enter just the file name "awdflash M613Z_19.BIN" DOS takes me to the flash program but I can't do anything after that because I lose all keyboard function upon typing any command. I have tried typing the whole command and just the file name again, either way the flash utility just tells me "Would You Like To Save The Bios (Y/N)" but I have no keyboard function at this point. Please help, I would phenomenally appreciate any suggestions. I've been trying to find a way to overclock my computer since I bought it in 2006 and I'm so excited that I found this!!! Please helpSmile

Josh
So this works with all of the Phenoms right... well I have a Phenom I 8550 Tri core. It dosent seem to be working. When i turn it on the power button goes on but my gfx card dosent go on. I only have a 250 wat power supply it came with my hp A6200N. Is my power supply not big enough?? The processors TDP:95
(11-20-2012, 02:13 PM)HelloAll Wrote: [ -> ]Hello, I am having installation issues for this BIOS. I am using the HP MPC61PM-HM (Nettle 2) Motherboard. To explain my issue, first, I have downloaded all of the files from the original post, I followed the directions word for word, however when I type in the command, all I get is a list of commands (I have checked my spelling over and over again). If I enter just the file name "awdflash M613Z_19.BIN" DOS takes me to the flash program but I can't do anything after that because I lose all keyboard function upon typing any command. I have tried typing the whole command and just the file name again, either way the flash utility just tells me "Would You Like To Save The Bios (Y/N)" but I have no keyboard function at this point. Please help, I would phenomenally appreciate any suggestions. I've been trying to find a way to overclock my computer since I bought it in 2006 and I'm so excited that I found this!!! Please helpSmile

Josh

I've flashed this Bios 3 times on 2 different computers with no problems using a PS/2 keyboard. If your using a USB connection you could try switching. I have no proof that it will work but seems worth a try. It's a great Bios and I hope it works out for you. Best Wishes