Bios Mods -The Best BIOS Update and Modification Source

Full Version: HP MCP61PM-HM (Nettle2) 5.27 With Unlocked Overclocking Options
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Thank you for this MOD! I was able to flash the bios without a hitch.

I flashed the bios to unlock all the hidden features that this board had to offer, except the one feature that I need is listed no where in bios settings.

This feature is : Setting a SATA drive to AHCI mode. Can you tell me where, or how this feature can be enabled? Or steer me to another Bios MOD to enable control of SATA drives?

Thank you in advance.
@millergroup - get modbin and see if that is even an option you could enable in the bios
Thanks for all of the info LOADED within this thread. Very helpful stuff. Successfully got an Athlon 64 x2 5600+ 2.80GHz at a stable 3.11GHz OC. The BIOS which alters voltage is vital for my system. Thanks Wiz. Never thought I'd be able to overclock until I bought a whole new system (which will happen... eventually). For now though, I have a Phenom 9150e on the way. Anybody have any luck with it? I thought I've seen on here that some have gotten it to work and some haven't. I have the HP Nettle2 board.

Also, my temps are at 43C under max load (I love the Antec 620) so I want to push it harder. My voltage is at 1.4v, HT is at 4x, BUS at 222, 4GB of 667MHz ram set to 1.7x, running at 739MHz. If I go to 223 it is stable, but at 224 it is less stable - so I backed off to 222. I tried lowering my RAM to 1.3x in order to acheive a BUS of 250 (to meet the 1000MHz which is where it was at stock), but changing my CPU multiplier to 13x wasn't working (even set at 14x with my current settings won't work, it HAS to be set to auto). Anyone know why? Or anyone know how to better overclock the Athlon x2 5600+ over 3.13GHz? Am I at the peak wattage of my socket already or something? I calculateI'm pulling around 105W on a board meant for 89W, so I just assume I've pushed it to it's limit.

Update: just installed ATI Radeon HD 6770 graphics card and before the bios posts I hear something "spin up, soft beep (not a bios beep), slow down, repeat." I have read elsewhere that this is because the bios doesn't recognize the GPU and many were solved with bios updates correcting the problem. Any chance in tweaking the bios to fix this?
Also the Phenom x4 9150e does not boot with the bios from this forum (the one with voltage tweaking).
I just flashed the 5.27 modded bios to my MCP61PM-HM board and it flashed without a hitch. The exhaust fan came on loud but after I adjusted the settings in the bios that were recommended in the first post, it has been running fine.

Every time I cold boot or do a restart, my computer restarts about 7-8 times before the bios screen finally pops up. Ever since I installed a Sapphire Radeon HD 5570 PCI-E 2.0 card it has been doing this. Is there a tweak in the bios that can be added to prevent this from happening? Its like someone presses the reset button 8 times, then the computer boots fine.

Currently running an AMD 64 X2 5000+ at stock speed. Is there another 89W CPU that I can swap in here that will give me a boost in speed until I figure out whether or not I want an FM2 or Intel i5/i7 setup? The main reason I flashed with this bios is to play with a Phenom X4 but it looks like most of those processors are 95w and wont work in this board.

Cooler Master Elite 430 Case with 3 120mm fans
MCP61PM-HM Nettle2 Motherboard
AMD AM2 64 X2 5000+ Windsor (CM Hyper TX3)
6GB DDR2 800 PC2-6400 RAM
700W OCZ ModxStream Pro
Sapphire Radeon HD 5570
Lucid I just started having the same problem as you yesterday. My advice is to not keep the computer on if it does not post. As the CPU will be running, but the fans wont be keeping up with it.
(09-01-2013, 03:52 PM)Toncey Wrote: [ -> ]Lucid I just started having the same problem as you yesterday. My advice is to not keep the computer on if it does not post. As the CPU will be running, but the fans wont be keeping up with it.

The computer posts eventually after cycling several times. The system fans and the CPU fan still spins during the cycling. I bought 2 Thermaltake TR2-R1 coolers that would stall out during a reboot and sometimes not kick back on during post. The computer would shut itself down in a few seconds. RMA'ed both and sent them back. Going to be buying Hyper TX3 or Hyper 212+ from now on from Cooler Master.

I did some google searches using keywords from this thread and found a post on page 66 I believe that The Wiz mentioned that 5xxx series cards are notorious for booting problems. The Radeon HD 2400 Pro I had in it before does not have this booting problem. I am going to look for a new graphics card to replace this one soon.
Hi All,

You are correct, the 5xxx series AMD cards have a terrible time with this board. I've had great success with the AMD 4850 single slot card if you can still find it online.

TheWiz
Hello All,
Let me first start off by saying that this is great site. I am taken in by the amount of information here and I am glad to be a member. I am a bit confused by the amount of information as well. I have an HP M8000n and it has the Nettle 2 board and I would like to be able to use a Phenom X4 9550 95W processor. Is it Possible to use this processer? After reading the previous 76 pages I am still left with no solid answer. Perhaps I misread or misunderstood the posts, but it is unclear to me at this time. If it is possible then which bios flash (version) and how to do as well as what are the ramifications of performing the flash and what are the idiosyncrasies of performing the flash? (Uncontrollable fan speed, etc.) I really would like to know these things for certain as the info is here in previous posts but they are confusing as they are presented. Thanks again and it is great to be here!
i have a question. when i try using the using the hp usb disk storage formating tool it wont do it. i mean it starts it up but in the end it says failed to make device dos bootable
is it possible to increase fsb fromt he bios. im searching but i dont see the fsb option or maybe im missing something. anyways second question is everytime i overclock to 3.2 ghz i run idle on temp for 56-57 and thats me running ffxiv arr mmo game with high settings. the problem is i blue screen after 8 hrs. i dont really play 8 hrs of gameplay but i wanted to run it with games to test it. anyway to fix this problem? and if i lower it to 3.15 ghz is it even worth ocing it to that much or just better off with 3.0. i was able to get 3.3 before but it also blue screen and it actually lasted shorter. i think i was able to run it at 3.3 for about 30 mins. anyways please help me out.