Bios Mods -The Best BIOS Update and Modification Source

Full Version: HP MCP61PM-HM (Nettle2) 5.27 With Unlocked Overclocking Options
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Just thought I would let everyone know that thanks to Banana19 I again have a working PC.

My BIOS apparently wasn't completely corrupt. It just wasn't allowing me to boot fully after detecting my drives. So he suggested doing a network boot. I was thankfully able to access BIOS to get that turned on. Once he got the kinks worked out for me I was able to flash it perfectly over the network!!
hey talon,

Just wondering if you wanted the latest HP bios or a modded one, because you were talking about flashing hps version 5.16, which is almost 2 years old compared to the latest released 5.27

TheWiz
(04-06-2010, 01:33 PM)TheWiz Wrote: [ -> ]hey talon,

Just wondering if you wanted the latest HP bios or a modded one, because you were talking about flashing hps version 5.16, which is almost 2 years old compared to the latest released 5.27

TheWiz

I'm gonna play around a bit with the modded BIOS and see if I can get my issue fixed. If not, I'm gonna need the HP 5.27.
(04-06-2010, 02:08 PM)talon4x4 Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-06-2010, 01:33 PM)TheWiz Wrote: [ -> ]hey talon,

TheWiz

I'm gonna play around a bit with the modded BIOS and see if I can get my issue fixed. If not, I'm gonna need the HP 5.27.

what software is it that does not work?
might be easier to reinstall it under the new bios

Nick
Hey peepz!
I don't want to confuse anyone, but I successfully finished testing MSI K9N6PGM2-V BIOS with complete native AM2+ support and great OC-abilities. But there are some things to think about.
It is an AMI-BIOS! It is about 1024k big. It is configured to give the processor 95W even if your mainboard does not support this. So pressing *Enter* maybe the last thing you do with your mainboard because it may kill some of its capacitors!!!
So can anyone with a 1Meg-Chip test and confirm my experience?
And, just for fun, read the *How to flash...*
I will get the MSI K9N6PGM2-V-Board later that week and then I will try our Award-BIOS. Wish me luck, I'm outta herr...
(04-06-2010, 03:36 PM)banana19 Wrote: [ -> ]what software is it that does not work?

Nick

Its a proprietary software for work. I found that if I reinstalled it, my hardware key would be recreated and work fine, until I reboot. As soon as I reboot my machine the next time I try the software it tells me that they key is again invalid.

My tech support has no idea and of course they have never seen it before. I also didn't tell them I re-flashed my BIOS with a non-standard BIOS.

They don't completely tell us how the hardware key is generated. But its my understanding that every piece of hardware has its own unique key. The software uses those unique keys to generate a key to run the software.

For instance, lets say the software used a key from a harddrive, one from the processor and one from the motherboard. It then takes those 3 keys and creates me a key for my software. Each time the software is run is compares the software key back to the hardware keys that were used to create it. So if one of those original 3 keys has changed it invalidates my software key.

Make sense?? Could it be the BIOS??
Well, it could be. For example, the ABIT bios in CPUID registers the motherboard as an ABIT mobo, so if the software thinks you changed your motherboard, it thinks you're on a new computer, and then the key goes invalid.

TheWiz
(04-10-2010, 11:20 AM)talon4x4 Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-06-2010, 03:36 PM)banana19 Wrote: [ -> ]what software is it that does not work?

Nick

Its a proprietary software for work. I found that if I reinstalled it, my hardware key would be recreated and work fine, until I reboot. As soon as I reboot my machine the next time I try the software it tells me that they key is again invalid.

My tech support has no idea and of course they have never seen it before. I also didn't tell them I re-flashed my BIOS with a non-standard BIOS.

They don't completely tell us how the hardware key is generated. But its my understanding that every piece of hardware has its own unique key. The software uses those unique keys to generate a key to run the software.

For instance, lets say the software used a key from a harddrive, one from the processor and one from the motherboard. It then takes those 3 keys and creates me a key for my software. Each time the software is run is compares the software key back to the hardware keys that were used to create it. So if one of those original 3 keys has changed it invalidates my software key.

Make sense?? Could it be the BIOS??

interesting...
its still using the original hardware key and coming up invalid. Lets do an experiment. disable networking, and reinstall under the new bios, and see if it can still check the key....

Nick
Has anyone tried the AMI-BIOS?? I used the modded BIOS for the MSI-board with an Phenom 975 and it worked fine, fast and stable but it has the FAN-issue aggain. So I solved it with replacing the microcode with the HP ones losing the OC-abilities... Then after re-replacing the microcode with the abit and later the biosstar one I found out that it isn't working at all! The last try was the hacked microcode from Acer and this did what I wanted. I made a diff between ours and the Acer MC and I will now try the "dirty-hex-editing-way" to get a fully OC-enabled, fully working BIOS. Severe informations will follow. And Nick, I wish you luck with the SLIC-issue... Smile
greetz
Tango
(04-13-2010, 01:51 PM)MrTangoWhisky Wrote: [ -> ]Has anyone tried the AMI-BIOS?? I used the modded BIOS for the MSI-board with an Phenom 975 and it worked fine, fast and stable but it has the FAN-issue aggain. So I solved it with replacing the microcode with the HP ones losing the OC-abilities... Then after re-replacing the microcode with the abit and later the biosstar one I found out that it isn't working at all! The last try was the hacked microcode from Acer and this did what I wanted. I made a diff between ours and the Acer MC and I will now try the "dirty-hex-editing-way" to get a fully OC-enabled, fully working BIOS. Severe informations will follow. And Nick, I wish you luck with the SLIC-issue... Smile
greetz
Tango

send me a bigger bios c hip and ill try it Tongue

Nick