Bios Mods -The Best BIOS Update and Modification Source

Full Version: HP MCP61PM-HM (Nettle2) 5.27 With Unlocked Overclocking Options
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Wow, thats definitely a interesting story, just make sure you do incremental overclocks and constantly check your temps.
I have had that same exact thing happen before. As a matter of fact every time I increase the cpu freq to anything over 250 it does it. Only way I can get it to function after is to unplug, hit the power button, plug back in, power up. Then it will hang at the initial bios screen for sometimes several minutes, but eventually boots windows. After that windows shows that it is reverted to default cpu speed of 2.3 ghz but rebooting again and entering bios it still shows the cpu bus speed as 255 or whatever I had set it to. And any amount of reboots/power cycling/unplugging won't affect what windows reports as cpu speed. The only way to get back my oc is to enter bios and reduce to 250 or less then it is right back where it should be at 2.88ghz. Kinda strange but I don't think that anything higher than that on my cpu is necessary or good anyhow. By the way what version of bios are you running? I am using the 1st release of the unlocked 5.27

Also F.Y.I I had problems with freezing and bsod's with any overclock until I disabled the onboard ethernet. Don't know why but I popped in a cheapo pci card and disabled the onboard and haven't had any issues since.
I am using that same version of bios. I just put my 5600+ processor back in and I am about to try to overclock it again. I think I need to get a better cooler though. It doesn't take much stress testing to get my cores up in the 70's. Any recommendations?
Erm.. definitely something in here:

http://www.newegg.com/Store/SubCategory....tegory=574&name=CPU-Fans-Heatsinks

Funnt thing is, I use stock cooling and my temps are 15C idle, non overclocked.
Yes but keep in mind that you have an aftermarket case. And if you remember the stock cases on these pc's are terrible They have the worst airflow of any that i have ever owned. one small exhaust fan on back mounted at the bottom and not one intake fan only some small 1/16 inch holes on the side at the bottom arranged in a 4 inch or so square pattern. Just by mounting a 120mm fan on the inside of these holes blowing in dropped my temps considerably
I was thinking about doing that. Or atleast flipping over the exhaust fan to make it an intake. I found that taking off the side panel will reduce my temps by about 5 degrees.
Oh and plugging the extra fan that I put as an intake into where the cpu fan normally goes it still blows plenty fast and plugging the cpu cooler into an adapter so it runs full speed helps so much. The pc is controlling the speed of the cooler fan and it doesn't allow it to run full speed. Little noisier but well worth it.
(12-27-2009, 07:56 PM)gabefauver@yahoo.com Wrote: [ -> ]Oh and plugging the extra fan that I put as an intake into where the cpu fan normally goes it still blows plenty fast and plugging the cpu cooler into an adapter so it runs full speed helps so much. The pc is controlling the speed of the cooler fan and it doesn't allow it to run full speed. Little noisier but well worth it.

That's a great idea. I may have to look into thatSmile
Man i got stock cooling, and this thing runs like its in an ice freezer, what are your idle temps?

Hmmm... maybe by a mini fridge, drill holes in the back for computer wires, and your all set Big Grin

TheWiz
(12-27-2009, 10:41 PM)TheWiz Wrote: [ -> ]Hmmm... maybe by a mini fridge, drill holes in the back for computer wires, and your all set Big Grin
Haha if only.

My idle temps are around 50C. I can get them down to the low 40's if I get my room down to the 40's F.