Bios Mods -The Best BIOS Update and Modification Source

Full Version: HP MCP61PM-HM (Nettle2) 5.27 With Unlocked Overclocking Options
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Here it is fully and completely ACPI compliant!!!
I'm using WinXP (32bit), Win7(64bit) and Ubuntu (32&64bit)...
Ok i am having some problems i thought this would fix. Heres all the details i know

I had a HP p6130y which mother board crashed
, so i decided to pull out my old compaq sr5110nx (which has mother board (MCP61PM-HM rev 1.0A) and replace the procsseor with the one out of the hp.
(AMD phenom x4 9750)

So i swap out the the processors and once i pressed the power button the fans turned on but i had nothing show up on my monitor and my power light does not turn on.

I put the old cpu in (single core amd) and it powers on just fine. So i do some research figure out my bios is not compatible with the phenom cpus.

So some more searching found this thread. Installed the new bios according to the first post (Oh the instructions are a bit off on the last paragraph and when typing into command prompt with a newb like my self i followed the spaces step by step and it didn't work, so i followed the example give on the screen after i pressed enter.)

So i got the bios all installed and windows worked all accordingly. So i turn it all off and swap out cpus again and i get nothing same problems as i did to begin with.

So my question is how do i fix this, i'm no genius when it comes to this stuff most i have done is upgrade ram and graphics cards, which was simply swapping stuff out. LMK soon as going from ultra fast computer to old 1 gb ram and single core processor has been horrible. And its all on vista.
Welcome to the forums!

We have had similar issues to keep it simple. The ABIT BIOS seems to only boot Phenoms on the acer boards, and for some reason won't boot them on the compaq/hp stuff yet. I'm pretty sure this MOD doesn't truly have full support for the phenom yet, but we are hoping to add it soon. As of right now tough we still do not have any proven tested method.

Thanks,
TheWiz
when do you consider soon
Maybe christmas? Wink
I'm testing on a MCP61PM-AM rev: 1.0 out of an Acer E380 and I'm now trying something new...
Tests are going on and I hope to get to a solution next weeks Friday.
Ok, the flash was successful (that's what awdflash told me) but when i boot i get that famous beep and a rainbow mess with some flashing thingy.

so yes i guess it's not THAT successful, i'm a noob in bios, not computer retarded though, just never flashed a bios. I wanted to overclock my cpu and remove that ''system fatal error failed to start'' cause of a fan is ''not'' working
proprely (yes it is working but the bios read it wrong) but anyway.

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/docum...=c01077676&lc=en&dlc=sv&cc=se&product=3625248&lang=sv

here's the motherboard (i don't have anything else from that computer beside the motherboard and the harddrive)

so yeah i used the bios from the first page and the awdflash from there too, but i used my own boot cd (98) (i think that's my error) anyway i'm running a Ship computer i need help and i'm poor.
(11-18-2010, 06:05 PM)mayer Wrote: [ -> ]Ok, the flash was successful (that's what awdflash told me) but when i boot i get that famous beep and a rainbow mess with some flashing thingy.

so yes i guess it's not THAT successful, i'm a noob in bios, not computer retarded though, just never flashed a bios. I wanted to overclock my cpu and remove that ''system fatal error failed to start'' cause of a fan is ''not'' working
proprely (yes it is working but the bios read it wrong) but anyway.

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/docum...=c01077676&lc=en&dlc=sv&cc=se&product=3625248&lang=sv

here's the motherboard (i don't have anything else from that computer beside the motherboard and the harddrive)

so yeah i used the bios from the first page and the awdflash from there too, but i used my own boot cd (98) (i think that's my error) anyway i'm running a Ship computer i need help and i'm poor.

yea follow the directions directly from the first post, i read somewhere not to use your own stuffBig Grin
it's working now, just clear'd my cmos, thanks.
I did the flash and everything boots up fine, btw just wanted to thank you for unlocking this bios!
I don't see any voltage controls in the bios, are they missing?
Thanks again!
Glad it worked!

Voltages are in another "elite" version I should probably just make the normal flavor, but the voltage version is available here:

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/1525839/abit_unlocked.bin

TheWiz