Bios Mods -The Best BIOS Update and Modification Source

Full Version: HP MCP61PM-HM (Nettle2) 5.27 With Unlocked Overclocking Options
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi Everyone,

Sorry for the delay in my replies, I've been spending a great deal of time upgrading the BIOS-Mods webservers and haven't had a chance to catch-up on threads yet.

I will see if I can get some more testing in on Phenom. I've had people get it to work on variants of the Nettle2 (redistributed via Gateway), but it involved a lot of messy details including some capacitor swapping.

TheWiz
I'd be more than willing to act a bit as a test bed and swap capacitors on the two Nettle2's that I have if someone could tell me which ones id need to change. My current issues I believe to be the chipsets needing a reflow to bring back stability with an oem chip but I haven't bothered yet. I take it, it is final that 95 tdp is the max of the bunch that it will take right? Ill probably grab the 910e today to try.

P.S. - my boards are HP pulls
I hold a class 3 solder certificate (I solder on military boards), and would be willing to swap out capacitors on a nettle two, and an Iris board I have. Let me know.
Sigh. I am disappoint. I was mistaken on the having (two) Nettle2's, I have only 1, the other is a M2N78-LA which seems to be doa. I don't know what happened but it hasn't been well stored so who knows, and it was a defective pull anyway so oh well.

Anyway, no dice on the 910e. I get a moderate fan speed and no beeps or screen, if I hold the power button down 5 seconds, same the fan picks up to max speed, but still no video or beeps. Just a heads up.
Nevermind the PM I sent you Wiz, I forgot that a while ago you said 5600 is the highest til we get quad core support. Wonder if I can contribute to the bios in anyway...I have so much free time.
why do people say the 5600 is the highest that can be supported? My Hp with the Nettle 2 cam factory with a 6000+ and my flashed Dell v1.0a is running the 6000+ as well on it.....

(04-12-2012, 10:39 PM)omnomsis Wrote: [ -> ]Nevermind the PM I sent you Wiz, I forgot that a while ago you said 5600 is the highest til we get quad core support. Wonder if I can contribute to the bios in anyway...I have so much free time.
edit: looks like the 6000+ can hit over 3.3 - 3.7ghz. I guess it is better but its 125w TDP, and that shouldn't be good with this board...
(04-14-2012, 12:00 AM)omnomsis Wrote: [ -> ]edit: looks like the 6000+ can hit over 3.3 - 3.7ghz. I guess it is better but its 125w TDP, and that shouldn't be good with this board...

There are two versions of the 6000+, One low watt version and one high watt version. Im guessing the low watt version would overclock better.
(03-28-2012, 07:44 PM)Connor_352 Wrote: [ -> ]Hey all, first post, I'm new to this. I have an Hp m8200n with an amd 6000+, same computer as Jasinwa(Guy who posted on page 66). I was successful in flashing the Modded bios, however I'm unable to Overclock. Jasinwa, said he just changed the frequency from 200-230, I did that as well as brought my ht multiplier down to 4x; however when I look on cpu-z and in the computer properties, It says I'm still at the 3015hz I started with. Yes I did allow to bios settings to save, let it restart then shut it down and unplugged it for 30 seconds. Still no cigar. Also turned off cool and quiet. Wondering what I could be doing wrong/missing....
Thanks, guys!
edit...

also, I'm running windows 7 64 bit

Hi, I erred in the post, set to 221 (3.3G), not 230 if that's what I said. Been stable all along with virtually no change in temp from when not oc (if you call what I did oc Tongue)
Has anyone investigated the PC Chips A15G BIOS for these boards? The BIOS looks like it supports everything. Interesting anyway.