Bios Mods -The Best BIOS Update and Modification Source

Full Version: HP MCP61PM-HM (Nettle2) 5.27 With Unlocked Overclocking Options
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Mine were in the 50's at idle until I lapped the heatsink (it is aluminum so took about 20 minutes) and put a better fan on it now it idles around 38-42 depending on the room temp.
Wow, guess its luck of the draw. Gabe, can you add me to your msn, and more importantly, test a "version 2" that may correct the menu instability.

TheWiz
(12-27-2009, 11:40 PM)gabefauver@yahoo.com Wrote: [ -> ]Mine were in the 50's at idle until I lapped the heatsink (it is aluminum so took about 20 minutes) and put a better fan on it now it idles around 38-42 depending on the room temp.
I'll give it a go if i can figure it out.

(12-27-2009, 11:46 PM)TheWiz Wrote: [ -> ]Wow, guess its luck of the draw. Gabe, can you add me to your msn, and more importantly, test a "version 2" that may correct the menu instability.
Yay! Can't wait for itSmile
Well, I'd release it to you now Brady, but I haven't tested it and if somehing goes wrong, then you won't have a computer.

TheWiz
Yeah, I meant I can't wait until you have the finished versionTongue
Well, I'm going to need some testers with the resources to do so, as i currently don't have any means for recovery.

TheWiz
I don't either, else I'd volunteer =).

Flashed the v1 and everything seems to be running fine, except the already mentioned strange OC menu in the bios (some options are overlayed ontop of each other, pressing the arrows brings one or the other forward/visible).

I managed to get in a 15% overclock (from around 2700 MHz to 3106.1 MHz) but won't go further as the CPU temp has hit 65*c when stress testing with EVEREST, so probably will have to bump it down a bit unless I can figure a way of cooling the CPU a bit more efficiently.
Well i think i might buy some spare chips for testing, but i favor people who test my new mods, and you become part of our support team with privs Big Grin
ok, I have now 2 bios chips flashed with the unlocked bios v. 5.27 and I can boot fine with both of them.
Just so you all know, Gabe is testing version 2, i'm working on geetting another chip, and also hoping the menu instability is resolved