Bios Mods -The Best BIOS Update and Modification Source

Full Version: HP MCP61PM-HM (Nettle2) 5.27 With Unlocked Overclocking Options
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Im thinking about it lol. Also waiting to see if Tango has any BIOS suggestions
all set in bios, and you were right, i forgot about temps going up when ocing Tongue i was hitting 50 degrees and it would start going loud, any ways im still waiting for final final version Tongue mean time any link for the original bios ?
lolman
(03-26-2010, 10:12 PM)co2co2 Wrote: [ -> ]all set in bios, and you were right, i forgot about temps going up when ocing Tongue i was hitting 50 degrees and it would start going loud, any ways im still waiting for final final version Tongue mean time any link for the original bios ?
lolman

k i just need the original .bin file the exe for the original bios wont work because i think its becuase it doesnt recognize the modded bios it says does not support it, and ill double check my settings but so far i successfully oced my frequency to 225, x 13, just a Q, is there any more multipliers that are locked, if not that's fine
Back in bizznezz.. Big Grin
I suggest to test the orig biosstar and the orig abit, I will try the MSI checking wether the microcode is newer or quite similar or even the same... I tried an AMI-BIOS for these boards [b]cheepoman[/] built but it doesn't work so I stop these dumb excercises goin' back to the real stuff! Wink This week I was very busy in some things far away from this but it gave me some good ideas and my hex-thinking friend is now near to recompiling some stuff like the microcode with automatic detection of the partial differences between HM and AM and its succesors... good work guys, I'm back going fast to send all the Users a big easter-egg! Wink
CYA
Tango
Thanks man,I have been so busy that you keeping up on this project is a BIG plus. U ready for the shining light pn the homepage Tongue

TheWiz
?? Parten ??
U know I am deutsch and so I do not understand all the stuff u wrote... Sad

But in deed, I'm still here, I just discovered that fact with the different microcode in abti/biosstar image so I think one is HM one is AM...

And, maybe you've seen it, I even try to respond to non-english requests teling they should use english... Tongue

AND I'VE WRITTEN THE FIRST WIKI-ARTICLE!!! (f*ck*n' caps lock Big Grin)

The Tango... Big Grin
Sorry, thi wireless keyboard can be horrible at times. Anyways, you should probably compile the bioses with the latest NCPUCODE.BIN I gave you. That way there will be microcode available for both boards, as the file I sent u has all AMD microcode in it.

What I meant to say earlier, was thanks for your hard work.

TheWiz
in the mean time can i get the original .bin file for the nettle 2 mcp61pm-hm
regards lolman12
good luck fellas
You can easily find it on the HP homepage by going to the support section of the HP a6130n.

TheWiz
Is there any way to know for sure if the biostar bios will work on a mcp61pm-am from a gateway computer ? They are almost identical. Also i would like to put a Penom II 955 that i have left over from a gaming upgrade and just want to know if it will work [clock speed isnt an issue if i have to lower its wattage a bit ]
(04-02-2010, 02:58 PM)johnathon007 Wrote: [ -> ]Is there any way to know for sure if the biostar bios will work on a mcp61pm-am from a gateway computer ? They are almost identical. Also i would like to put a Penom II 955 that i have left over from a gaming upgrade and just want to know if it will work [clock speed isnt an issue if i have to lower its wattage a bit ]

99% sure the Abit bios will work....

80% sure the biostar will work

Wiz, fyi.. another prob with the biostar bios I noticed on the iris8... WHen you shut down the computer the fans are still spinning and the power button has no affect. never really paid attention before sence i never shut it down. If you switch off and on the powersupply the power button will turn on the system.

Nick