Bios Mods -The Best BIOS Update and Modification Source

Full Version: HP MCP61PM-HM (Nettle2) 5.27 With Unlocked Overclocking Options
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have the same problem. I did attempt to fix this but someone had trouble with it. I don't know if it failed because they were an iddiot and didn't use awdflash or if the second version is bad. Your welcome to try it though if you want, and even when the menus are unstable the settings still work, but version 2 is the only shot really for that problem.

Here's version 2 if you want to give it a go, same instructions as original:
http://dl.getdropbox.com/u/1525839/Bios/527MODv2.BIN

TheWiz
Will i be able to recover if it is a bad bios??
Well that depends really. Either A. You follow the methods described in the tutorial section, B. you hotflash the chip with another computer, or C. you buy a backup bios chip from biosman.com

TheWiz
how do you hotflash it with another computer?
Its a risky buisness that involes swapping motherboard bios chips out, which if your asking that question I would eliminate that off your recovery options.

TheWiz[/u]
Just wanted to say thanks, this bios flash mod worked for me. Now I can overclock even if the settings window flickers a bit. The only problem I encountered is after booting back up (after flashing the modded bios) the integrated ethernet adapter failed to work properly.
Interesting, I had this problem as well, but maybe for a different reason. You need to make sure that the ethernet LAN chip is enabled in the bios under the advanced menu. Then when you are in windows in the driver properties, make sure virtual ID lan is disabled so that only priority is enabled.

Hope this helps you,

TheWiz

Also, update to latest NVIDIA driver.
Ok figured out the ethernet thing, but I noticed that for the (nettle 3) you posted an SLIC 2.1 modded bios. I don't suppose that you could do one for the nettle 2 ? Thanks in advance.
Its having trouble adding the SLIC and compressing modules, so Ill shoot you an email when I figure it out.

TheWiz[/php]
cool thanks, you the man.