Bios Mods -The Best BIOS Update and Modification Source

Full Version: HP MCP61PM-HM (Nettle2) 5.27 With Unlocked Overclocking Options
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
so 4 versions are to come up...
2 for HP/Compaq
2 for the others...
hmm, hope I soon can catch up some revised modules to solve these issues my friend is now working on.
Wow, what an epic fail Here's my testing experience. So I happily take Nicks advice and fix most of what he is talking about. I boot up and, WHISTLES this thing is way faster (just the time to go from power button to bios splash) I set all my options, and moved on.

Then, the infamous Wwindows 7 BSOD arrived! This time it was unfixable though. It read:

Your BIOS is not fully ACPI compliant. Please seek bios update etc.

So, unless I figure this out, I have no Bipstar ROM for my box Sad Everything else was great. I got the fan speed under control, it had the regular HP power lighting, and it was VERY snappy. Tthe only thing that didnt seem to work was the new EPA logo didn't want to display right (RGB lines)

Ideas? I made sure ACPI was enabled in the bios and carefully reviewed all my options.
TheWiz
(03-25-2010, 04:08 PM)TheWiz Wrote: [ -> ]Wow, what an epic fail Here's my testing experience. So I happily take Nicks advice and fix most of what he is talking about. I boot up and, WHISTLES this thing is way faster (just the time to go from power button to bios splash) I set all my options, and moved on.

Then, the infamous Wwindows 7 BSOD arrived! This time it was unfixable though. It read:

Your BIOS is not fully ACPI compliant. Please seek bios update etc.

So, unless I figure this out, I have no Bipstar ROM for my box Sad Everything else was great. I got the fan speed under control, it had the regular HP power lighting, and it was VERY snappy. Tthe only thing that didnt seem to work was the new EPA logo didn't want to display right (RGB lines)

Ideas? I made sure ACPI was enabled in the bios and carefully reviewed all my options.
TheWiz

you could always boot up windows 95!

Nick
Helpful Tongue
(03-25-2010, 04:58 PM)TheWiz Wrote: [ -> ]Helpful Tongue

did you try the version that I tested also? If it worked on mine it should at least boot to windows on yours.

Nick
I tried the Nettlev2beta with the new epa and stuff

I guess i must of A. done something wrong or B. Im cursed lol

TheWiz
(03-25-2010, 06:23 PM)TheWiz Wrote: [ -> ]I tried the Nettlev2beta with the new epa and stuff

I guess i must of A. done something wrong or B. Im cursed lol

TheWiz

just reset my cmos via jumper just to see if it fixed my acpi issue. but no change.

im betting on the doing something wrong Tongue

Nick
So I'll take it that you have this issue as well. Thoughts on a resolution.

TheWiz
(03-26-2010, 08:54 AM)TheWiz Wrote: [ -> ]So I'll take it that you have this issue as well. Thoughts on a resolution.

TheWiz

my issue is that it just reads the temp wrong. Windows boots fine. Try the nettle2 beta that I tested just to see if its something you did when you fixed the epa logo and such.

Nick
Also, do you want me to post an ABIT that should read the right fan stuff etc. I've been working on the Biostar I forgot about the abit fix.